EVENT DAY: Saturday, August 4, 2018, at 1:30 PM, 38 Bonnechere Street W, Eganville
Cheese Boxes are $10/box. You can buy as many as you want. Get your family, your friends involved. Challenge the office next door or your rival sports team. Come on mayors and councils, YOU TOO.
This is a fun, community fundraising event. Proceeds raised will go towards building a new fully accessible boardwalk/dock and fishing dock in downtown Eganville so that all of our visitors and residents can have equal access and enjoyment of our beautiful Bonnechere River.
So without further ado, let’s get you ready to race!
To Buy Your Cheese Box and Register to Race:
OPTION #1: ONLINE REGISTRATION and PICK UP
- Click on REGISTRATION FORM
- Print it.
- Fill it in.
- Email it back to us here
- Drop by in person at the old creamery in Eganville on one of the dates below to pick up your cheese box before race day:
Saturday, June 16th from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM
Sunday, July 1st from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Saturday July 7th from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM
Saturday July 28th from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM– THIS TIME IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Please pick up at the Eganville Tourist Booth instead.
OPTION #2: LOCAL PURCHASE LOCATIONS
Register, pay and walk out with your cheese box at:
Valley Window and Door 873 Pembroke St. Pembroke
Speed Pro Signs – 1982 Petawawa Blvd., Pembroke
Bonnechere Valley Municipal Offices – 49 Bonnechere St. E.,Eganville
Eganville Tourist Information Booth – 46 Bonnechere St. E, Eganville
Fifth Chute Coffee Shop – 291 Bridge St., Eganville
Whitewater Lakeside Brew Pub – 78 Hwy 17, Cobden
Tracey’s Ice Cream – 61 Lorne St N, Renfrew
After you pick up your cheese box:
- Take your Cheese Box home waterproof it and decorate it.
- BE CREATIVE. BE EPIC. KNOCK OUR SOCKS OFF.
WATCH this video on HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR CHEESE BOX by Badboy Cheese Box Officianado, Caveman Chris
On Race Day:
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Arrive at 38 Bonnechere Street W, Eganville, Ontario with your awesome water-proofed and decorated Cheese Box
- Hand it over to one of our friendly race officials to be numbered and loaded at the launch gate
- 1:30 PM
- Find a great spot to watch the race and CHEER, CHEER, CHEER! Even last place wins, folks!
Join us at the finish line at McRae Lookout Park (just a short walk or drive down the road at 1713 Grist Mill Rd) to collect prizes and celebrate the awesome day we all just had with a BBQ and live music.
If you have questions, please email our Great Canadian Cheese Box Race committee here
If you are interested in sponsorship or donating to this event, please contact our Project Coordinator, Lee MacOdrum here
See you ’round the river this August!
Proudly Sponsored by: